What is Mastery?
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength,
Mastering yourself is true power"
So, what is Mastery? Ask 10 people, get 20 answers seems to be the common issue in the "modern" lifestyle, because a Master is what he says he is. *cough* Bullshit *cough* Sorry, had something in my throat. Now then, as always I am opinionated, I think that is the nice way of saying it anyway. We each seek to understand the world around us, a Master already understands a lot more than most, be that from instinct or training, they are usually outspoken and set upon by critics, this is part of being a leader, which is one of the many criteria of mastery, if you are just following along, or just playing games, you are not mastering anything, not yourself and for sure not others.
"A Master is an individual born with a spiritual sense of presence and connectedness. No one can make an individual a Master except that individual his or herself - in their own growth process in becoming centered and growing into a state of connectedness in the universe. A Master is an individual who feels incomplete without the love and service of an individual with heart of slave." - Master Steve, Butchmanns SM Academy
Mastery has many faces, but if you really stop and look, you know them all.
- Acceptance of reality, both of themselves and others
- Compassion for the situations of others
- Courtesy and respect for others
- Dominance and service, to give to those who give of themselves
- Grace and confidence in how they carry themselves and act towards others
- Honesty and integrity in everything they do
- Humility to know that they are not perfect, none of us are
- Loyalty to those who choose to give of themselves
- Patience to wait for the right time in all things
"The focus of Mastery should go beyond the dominance - the BDSM, the sex, the use. A Master should never ignore the other dimensions of the relationship." - Master Taino
We see this every day, tops claiming to be dominants, more concerned over their play skills and hooking up with the next playmate than actually growing and learning, some of us stand up against the problems, most just stand and watch it, but then if you seek to be more, you have to know when to stop others from harming people.
15 Feb 2008 19:27:42
No commenting allowed at this time.